Thursday, April 15, 2010

The truth behind why the D.A.R. doesn't want Jewish members.

The thought for this Blog came on my way to work today. I was ruminating on my most recent blog about weaving. I decided this weaving / craft ineptitude goes far deeper than my own klutziness. It starts with the search for Divine Shiksahood. This is not possible.

Just like Dr. Laura could not get into the inner sanctum of the “tribe” when she tried to convert; we recognized not only was she not smart enough, but she couldn’t acquire the needed DNA “J gene.” And there you have it. The “J gene.”

This gene renders it impossible for the pure Jewish girl to be built like Anita Ekburg, have the sensuality of Elizabeth Taylor in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,” or the naivete of a Marilyn Monroe. She will never be a track star; Run?! Are you kidding me? And then it comes to crafts. How can she sit still and embroider for 6 months – no spas, no shoe sales, and all those divine lunches out.

Do Jewish girls win the Pillsbury Bake Off? Climb the Grand Canyon without the aide of something approaching an East Indian palanquin? NO! and they certainly wouldn’t have been there sewing away with Betsy and the girls to make a flag that would be continually evolving – meaning more sewing.

So while we can wail and moan at our exclusion; we must come to realize it isn’t our religion, but our culture. There is no such thing as a kosher tea party. Let them eat matzoh!

1 comment:

Linda Koplovitz said...

Hummmmmm....Religion, Politics...what no sex? I enjoyed reading this. And well, I wouldn't throw decaffinated tea into the Boston Harbor only the real thing. But I would have to be not represented in my Parliament and well, I'm represented very well this year!